Stick to the basics of these rug care tips and stay consistent with cleaning your rug to ensure its longevity in your home.
Spills // small spots, stains or marks happen to every rug and can be taken care of right away by doing the following and avoid using harsh chemicals:
- Immediately blot any spills with un-dyed cloth and lukewarm water only
- Keep blotting, don't start off scrubbing
- Press firmly around the affected area to absorb as much of the spill
- You can also use a gentle soap or detergent to help if needed
- Use dry undyed towels to remove all the moisture
- For stains and splatters that are beyond your magic, we recommend professional rug cleaning as soon as possible
Vacuum // recommended this be done 1-2 a week. If you have pets more is better! Be careful using your vacuum since many are powerful and can unravel the weave and cause sprouts. It’s best to vacuum with a canister instead of a beater bar and using the handheld if you have one. Be sure to flip your rug and vacuum under the rug on the floor and the bottom of the rug, and rug pad!
Professionally Cleaned // recommended this be done once a year. If you have a pet or kids twice a year would be best!
Sprouts // sprouts are totally normal if they occur due to the natural weave of the rug. If they start to appear, grab a pair of sharp scissors and carefully trim the sprout down, so it doesn't unravel more.
Rotate Rug // if your rug patterns will allow, be sure to rotate the rug so it gets even exposure to foot traffic and light.
Rug Pad // there are many reasons for having a rug pad under your rug:
- cushion and extra padding for your feet
- noise canceling
- extends the life of your rug
- prevent the rug from moving around